- Visit a local art gallery.
- Visit a bookstore and read through some books together. Check out the travel section and dream about all the warm places that would be fun to be in right at that moment. Bookstores with coffee shops are an added bonus. Visit Borders in Deerfield Town Center or Barnes and Noble on the Levee.
- Go on a day trip, one to two hours away, to a nearby town you've never visited.
- Go to a local paint your own pottery studio and make some of your own mugs to keep all that hot chocolate, coffee and tea warm over the winter.
- Go to the Hilton Netherland Plaza (formerly the Omni) for a drink at their art deco bar/lounge (The Bar at Palm Court), and then cross the street to enjoy the newly renovated Fountain Square. Then, pick up a ride on one of the horse drawn carriages.
Take this month to slow down, relax and enjoy each other!