Those crisp, cool fall days are just around the corner, with the frigid winter days right on its heel. This makes September the perfect month to take advantage of the cooler days and evenings for that special date night! Here are some ideas to get you out of the house and into the great outdoors:
- Go to a campsite for a dinner night. Pop popcorn over the fire or cook a Dutch oven dinner. Or skip the dinner altogether and just go for smores over the fire.
- Invite your date to an outdoor concert. Rent a concert video and watch it in the back yard.
- Using an astronomy book from the library, pick out the constellations and star patterns.
- Go for a boat ride on BB Riverboats. http://www.bbriverboats.com/
- Go for a canoe ride and then dock for a picnic on the Little Miami River. http://www.littlemiamicanoe.com/
- Take up hiking at Mount Airy Forest, the area’s largest park, and then fuel up after the hike with some famous Camp Washington Cincinnati style chili.
- Go for a morning date and hit the local Farmer’s Market and do some shopping together and then enjoy the tasty treats as you peruse the different vendors.
- Enjoy the morning in another way by visiting a downtown, Covington or Newport breakfast eatery and then ride the elevator to the top of the Carew tower to take in the view and reflect.
Have fun in the outdoors this month!